Job Type: Full-time
Job Duties: As a Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Carrier management. Determine most efficient and economical routing for outbound shipments.
- Oversee the preparation and ensure adherence of shipments within customer specifications
- Work with the appropriate areas, such as Finance, Production Management, Customer Service, I.T. and others internally to develop, and implement cost saving solutions throughout the enterprise to align with company goals.
- Build a culture of positive morale and enthusiasm within the department
- Exports/ Imports: Develop, implement and monitor processes to control shipment costs and minimize liability
- Monitor, redesign and implement improvements to processes within the department.
- Develop strong relationships with internal business partners
- Engage in collaborative strategic sourcing with internal customers
- Understand industry trends and issues
- Collaborate with customer and supplier Logistics Departments to enhance and monitor supply chain requirements
- Travel occasionally as business needs dictate
- Responsible for development and implementation of training in the department
- Responsible for the productivity, proficiency, and profitability of the department
- Experience optimizing inventory within a restricted space to drive efficiencies throughout the facility
- Develop and maintain a personnel model to support changing business conditions
- Manage a comprehensive and effective inventory control program (i.e. cycle counts, scrap schedule, consolidation)
- Ability to read and write English.
- 1-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eager to bring your skillset into an advanced manufacturing facility.
- Must be a detail oriented person willing and able to contribute to a team effort.
- Begin and finish each day with a zero-defect mentality and commitment to producing aquality, American made product.
- MIG and TIG experience
Physical Requirements and Duties:
- Ability to reach, turn, twist, and walk.
- Ability to stand for the duration of a work shift.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. at a time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, andability to adjust focus.
- Forklift experience a plus.
- Experience working on a computer.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using wholenumbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentand to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolvedwritten or oral instructions.